Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gluten Free!

Okay, Well it is day one of no gluten. My analysis: Super Hard...

I went to Central Market yesterday in order to start my no gluten frenzy. I found flour (its a mixture of rice, potato, tapioca and xanthym gum), pirates booty, corn chips, lots of rice and potatoes. Here's the deal. I feel super limited, I normally would eat yogurt and granola for breakfast (Today it was an egg and cheese taco) normally I have a sandwich of some sort for lunch (today a bean and cheese burrito). Tonight, who knows, it's wednesday and my husband will be at church so normally I would make mac n cheese or something else that doesn't require cooking (tonight, no clue). It's just a bit of a change. My chrons disease normally gets worse if I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables so salads for lunch and fruit for breakfast are probably a no go. Corn normally makes me sicker too so what I've eaten today probably is not sustainable. I am craving an apple or something. May have to make another trip to the grocery store, or perhaps a list of meals I could eat that are gluten free.

Anyway, such is life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment