Monday, February 7, 2011

The Beginning

Starting something new fills us all with hope and wonder at the prospect of whats to come. Life is full of these moments. This is one for me. I've been thinking about starting a blog for weeks now and here it is! Not that I expect thousands of readers to be drooling over my every word, but it does feel good to just write.

Now's the part where I am supposed to write about myself. Where to begin? I am a wife and a mother, I am a graduate student and a stay at home mom. I have an adorable 8 moth old son who is currently pulling books off of the second shelf of a bookcase, his name is Oliver. My husband is a minister at a downtown church which will contribute many funny stories I am sure. I love cooking and baking, I do it to relax (wish I wanted to exercise instead). I also have an auto-immune disease, crohns, which I have been struggling with and in a last ditch attempt to be able to continue nursing my son and not take the medicines that would prevent that. I am going on a strict diet today. Gluten free, red meat free, low fiber, low fat and not irritating. Basically, tasteless and ichy but oh well. On the upside I could definitely stand to lose like 50 lbs and breast milk is so much better for babies.

Hmm, what else. I currently live in Austin, TX a city which I love! Although, I definitely am not a hippie or hipster. I don't smoke pot or have a chicken coup in my backyard (hence not a hippie). I am not thin and willowy enough to be a hipster and I am definitely not into weird music, modern art and vintage clothing stores.

Ok, well, I suppose that's enough for a first post. Off to gluten free my life this afternoon, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment